November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Printables

Last month, I posted about getting into the groove with Thanksgiving planning. Are you getting excited about turkey?? I AM! It's so close.

Here's what I've been up to.

Basically, I've been creating lists. LifeYour Way, has some awesome printables for just about anything in your life that can be organised. Here are the two I recommend downloading ASAP, and what I'm doing with them. (PS-If you haven't set a budget, here's one for that!)

Thanksgiving Menu Planner
I'm actually using this to put my recipes in one place. I can view all my ingredients in one place, and how much of each one I'll need. I don't have much since I'm pretty much just making the turkey brine, but it's helpful to keep this all together.


Thanksgiving Shopping List
This list comes as a result of your Menu Planner. I appreciate that it has a column for "Store" becasue I shop at three different ones for things like this! Costco for bulk drinks, paper towels and other housewares, Sprouts for bulk spices and chocolate chips--and really the items I'm picky about, like fresh produce, and HEB for general grocery items.



These will help you stay on track with your budget, and also remember what it is you went into the grocery store for, exactly! For some reason, during the holiday season, my brain goes dumb and I ignore everything I should get, and buy all the fun seasonal items. This does no good when you have 6 bags of chocolate chips, a bunch of home made peppermint marshmallows in the pantry, and nothing for dinner. (A friend said that happened to her once.)

More soon. And while you're at it, go ahead and download some Christmas Printables, too.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to look at these! Thanks, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having Thanksgiving at our house again this year. I am so excited. I love reading that there is someone out there as excited about planning and list making for Thanksgiving as I am. I have about 3 lists going right now. Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love free printables! And organization, thanks Emily!

    ReplyDelete